Center For Cosmetic and Implant dentistry
Dr. Joseph Goodman, D.D.S D.M.D.
Some of the high-tech Equipments we use:
1) Your movie in an electronic pair of eyeglasses! You can watch a DVD movie of your choice in an electronic pair of eyeglasses while you are getting dental treatment done. This will allow you to enjoy your time while you are in the dentist chair!
2) Drill-free Dentistry: Sandblasting and laser dentistry are the names of the newest dental tools for the 21st century dental office. Drill-free dentistry has finally become incorporated into the modern dental office. Sandblasting provides a dentist the ability to get rid of cavities without any drilling and injections. The classic high pitch noise from the dental handpiece is gone. The machine uses compressed air and shoots out tiny particles of sand on the actual decayed tooth. This allows for removal of decay and the dentist creates a "hole"? (cavity), which can then be filed with a white filling.
3) Intra-Oral Camera:The Intra-Oral camera allows the patient to see what the dentist sees – on a large 50-inch TV, of course. A mini-camera is inserted into the patient’s mouth and, tooth by tooth, decay by decay, the dentist can explain the treatment and WHY it is necessary.
You are able to see where the decay is, why the crown is leaking, how the decay looks on the inside (lingual) surface of your teeth and more. Would you like to see how far your tooth has cracked or chipped? How does your old silver filling look? Watch the camera walk through your mouth and see clear video and still pictures. Understand the dental conditions in your mouth.
4) Electric-powered Handpieces: Electric handpieces compared to air driven handpieces are much more efficient when working on a patient’s teeth. They are less noisy; work much faster, are smoother and more precise than the old-fashioned air driven handpieces. Electrical handpieces have been used in Europe since 1960 and were introduced to the American marketplace in 2000.
5) Ozone treatment will eliminate the microorganisms triggering dental decay and gum disease. With this treatment you can reverse cavities, heal infected gums, treat root canals and much more. Dr. Goodman uses the ozone machine routinely on patients with great success!
6) Laser Cavity Detector :This is the most recent technology from Germany. This tool aids in the detection of early and hidden cavities. A laser beam analyzes your tooth density and detects cavities at their earliest stage. Where x-rays have their limits, this device is supporting the dentist to diagnose an issue in an early stage.
7)Magnification and dental loops:
Dr. Goodman uses a unique pair of high magnification loops (glasses) that allow him to perform dentistry in the most
precise way possible. When operating with magnification loops, even the slightest inaccuracy is well magnified by the
dentist, making the fit of the future crowns and bridges superior.